starting a script when camera turned on

jim ruxton
Hi Does anyone know how I can start a script when a camera that is
plugged in is turned on. I have a Canon A95. When I switch it on a
window comes up asking if want to download images from the camera so it
is recognized ok. I'm using Fedora 3. Thanks!
Jim

Re: starting a script when camera turned on

Hub Figuière-2
jim ruxton wrote:
> Hi Does anyone know how I can start a script when a camera that is
> plugged in is turned on. I have a Canon A95. When I switch it on a
> window comes up asking if want to download images from the camera so it
> is recognized ok. I'm using Fedora 3. Thanks!

gnome-volume-manager does that....

Hub

Re: starting a script when camera turned on

jim ruxton

> jim ruxton wrote:
> > Hi Does anyone know how I can start a script when a camera that is
> > plugged in is turned on. I have a Canon A95. When I switch it on a
> > window comes up asking if want to download images from the camera so it
> > is recognized ok. I'm using Fedora 3. Thanks!
>

> gnome-volume-manager does that....
Yes but I want to start my own script
Jim