preview-capture triggers an undesired preview window

preview-capture triggers an undesired preview window

Tomas Alonso
Hi All,

I'm using gphoto2 2.5.3 under ubuntu 14.04 with a Canon 40D. I have written a
Java program that can control the main parameters of the camera to shot
remotely. The purpose is to run it in a mini-pc (stick) controled through vnc
from a phone, and currently runs pretty nicely. I have added live view support
by entering from Java in gphoto2 in shell mode and setting the eosviewfinder=1.
The capture-preview command runs fine and I can load the generated jpg file in
my program, refreshing the live view with a few fps. Sadly, each time I call
capture-preview a window generated by gphoto popups, making difficult to use my
program to, let's say, adjust the focus.

I would like to run the capture-preview quietly, without generating any
window. I have tried the --quiet mode and read the gphoto command line, but
nothing helped. Is there a way to avoid having that window? Should I post a
bug or feature request?

Thanks a lot,
Tomas.