looking for libgphoto devs

Gregory A. Dunbar
Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but hopefully you can help.

I have an android app written in JAVA that remote controls canon and
nikon camera via USB PTP commands, it was developed by a developer I
hired a long time ago. That developer has since passed away (died). I am
looking for someone that can help finish the app. The app is mostly done
and functional, and it is used by more than 20,000 people on android
phones, but I need some things added to it such as support for
additional cameras, the ability for the app to access the photos on the
SD/CF card, the ability for the app to shoot in burst mode and bulb
mode, etc.

As I understand it, these are all functions handled via USB PTP commands
with hex values as the app communicates with the camera.

I am willing to pay a developer a good amount of money to add these
things or at least guide me in the right direction. I myself am the
project manager for the app but I do not know anything about coding in
java or C+.

I am hoping you can at the very least point me in the right direction of
some developers that I could ask for their assistance. Or some kind of
message board or community group for libgphoto. Thank you!

--
Gregory A. Dunbar
World-renowned Inventor, Philosopher, and Photographer

Re: looking for libgphoto devs

eragon38
Hello,

maybe I can provide some intel about your problem. I wrote server app in Java to manage cameras operations. I worked mostly with Sony Alphas cameras, but I was testing some Nikon and Canon devices too. I'm not telling I'm expert, but have some experience.

Greets,
Martin Boček