Quantcast

libgphoto2 not working again (Was: Digikam, etc. cannot upload from iPhone 6S)

libgphoto2 not working again (Was: Digikam, etc. cannot upload from iPhone 6S)

Dennis Gallien
Regrettably, I have to report that apparently libgphoto2 is again not working
with the iPhone 6S, or perhaps more accurately stated, the recent update to
iOS 10.3.  As before, the phone is recognized and the store_interface folder
is loaded, but the DCIM folder is not seen.

I had been successfully using the interim version provided by Jan.  Then I
updated libgphoto2 from the Main Update Repository to version 2.5.13-2.3.1
shortly following its release in mid-April.  A week or two later iOS 10.3 was
released.  I had not tried to upload photos after the new libgphoto2 release
but before the iOS 10.3 update so I can't say whether Jan's version would have
worked with 10.3 or not.  Jan's version is no longer available, so I can't go
back to test it.

>From the other messages in the previous thread on this, it appears there has
been an on-going problem with iOS updates.  Likely that this has occurred
again?

Also as was suggested here previously, I've copied the gphoto-devel mailing
list to alert Markus to this problem.

--dg