Quantcast

gphoto2

Laurent Zylberman-2
Hi Marcus
First thing: a great thanks for gphoto2 which I ve been using on a Raspberry Pi for time lapses for quite a while: just works great !!!

My next project is to control several Nikon D5  ethernet-tethered on the same LAN as the Raspberry in order to shoot them simultaneously for 360° videos.
(Their port 15740 is open and I can ping them.)

I have been using: gphoto2 --port ptpip:192.168.0.30 --capture-image
but got the following message: "connect cmd: Aucun chemin d'accès pour atteindre l'hôte cible »
(which in english is «  connect cmd: No path to reach target host »)

Is there anyway I can list this path and what would be the proper command line ?

Unless the nikon D5 is not supported (as I do not see it in your supported cameras list, although it works when the Nikon D5 are USB connected)
I did:
gphoto2 --port ptpip:192.168.0.30 --camera "Nikon D5" -L
*** Erreur (-105 : « Unknown model ») ***

and got this error:
"*** Erreur (-105 : « Unknown model ») *** «

I send you here attached  the —debug my-logfile.txt , which at some point says:
0.135440 gphoto2-abilities-list(0): Could not find any driver for 'Nikon D5'

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Best regards

Laurent Zylberman
[hidden email]
+33 6 85 07 63 32
5 rue saint Blaise 75020 Paris
www.graphix-images.com

my-logfile.txt (29K) Download Attachment

Re: gphoto2

For the D5 issue...
Try specifying --camera "Nikon DSLR (WLAN)" or --camera "PTP/IP Camera" instead
of the not yet listed "Nikon D5".

(Can you also mail us the USB id, then we can add it.)

For:
connect cmd: No path to reach target host
(probably english "No route to host")

I think this means that there is no network route from your machine to 192.168.0.30, this is
a routing setup issue on your machine/network, not a libgphoto2 issue.

Ciao, Marcus

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 12:08:20AM +0200, Laurent Zylberman wrote:

> Hi Marcus
> First thing: a great thanks for gphoto2 which I ve been using on a Raspberry Pi for time lapses for quite a while: just works great !!!
>
> My next project is to control several Nikon D5  ethernet-tethered on the same LAN as the Raspberry in order to shoot them simultaneously for 360° videos.
> (Their port 15740 is open and I can ping them.)
>
> I have been using: gphoto2 --port ptpip:192.168.0.30 --capture-image
> but got the following message: "connect cmd: Aucun chemin d'accès pour atteindre l'hôte cible »
> (which in english is «  connect cmd: No path to reach target host »)
>
> Is there anyway I can list this path and what would be the proper command line ?
>
> Unless the nikon D5 is not supported (as I do not see it in your supported cameras list, although it works when the Nikon D5 are USB connected)
> I did:
> gphoto2 --port ptpip:192.168.0.30 --camera "Nikon D5" -L
> *** Erreur (-105 : « Unknown model ») ***
>
> and got this error:
> "*** Erreur (-105 : « Unknown model ») *** «
>
> I send you here attached  the —debug my-logfile.txt , which at some point says:
> 0.135440 gphoto2-abilities-list(0): Could not find any driver for 'Nikon D5'
>

> Thank you very much in advance for your answer.
>
> Best regards
>
> Laurent Zylberman
> [hidden email]
> +33 6 85 07 63 32
> 5 rue saint Blaise 75020 Paris
> www.graphix-images.com

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>