gphoto2 and support for Nikon D500

bob-3
Hello,
I recently purchased a Nikon D500 and was surprised to see a lack of support with gphoto2.   If no one has requested support, I would like to do so and have attached the following files:

detect.txt:  results from running gphoto2 --auto-detect
summary.txt:  results from running gphoto2 --summary
config.txt:  results from running gphoto2 --list-all-config

The camera is detected as follows:

Model                          Port

USB PTP Class Camera           usb:001,004

and image capture seems to be successful (though it wrote the image to a location on the card which the camera does not display).

Thanks,
Bob Stegmann

config.txt (78K) Download Attachment
detect.txt (212 bytes) Download Attachment
summary.txt (30K) Download Attachment

Re: gphoto2 and support for Nikon D500

Can you also report the USB id? Run "lsusb"

The camera functionality should already just work, as we support the Nikon as a class of cameras.

The captured images is by default transfered via SDRAM directly to the computer, adjust the
"capturetarget" configuration to switch to a SD Card storage of captured images.

Ciao, Marcus
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 03:39:30PM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently purchased a Nikon D500 and was surprised to see a lack of support with gphoto2.   If no one has requested support, I would like to do so and have attached the following files:
>
> detect.txt:  results from running gphoto2 --auto-detect
> summary.txt:  results from running gphoto2 --summary
> config.txt:  results from running gphoto2 --list-all-config
>
> The camera is detected as follows:
> Model                          Port
>  ----------------------------------------------------------
>  USB PTP Class Camera           usb:001,004
>
> and image capture seems to be successful (though it wrote the image to a location on the card which the camera does not display).
>
> Thanks,
> Bob Stegmann

Re: gphoto2 and support for Nikon D500

dormanttt
Bob,

This behaviour is normal for a Nikon.

I use a D800E, also reported as a "USB PTP Class Cameraā€¯, and everything seems to work.

You can change the storage location with this command:

$ gphoto2 --set-config capturetarget=1

Rod