gphoto2 FLIR Vue Pro Support

Maria João Sousa
Hi,

I have a FLIR Vue Pro 336 and I am working on developing a real-time application that uses thermal images. However, the camera does can not transmit files in real-time, since it stops being recognized by the PC as a Mass Storage as soon as I put it in capture mode.

After reading the gPhoto2 Reference, it seems the features your library supports would be ideal for the purpose I have in mind, particularly regarding tethered shooting and the ability to get the raw data and metadata from the images.

I read the instructions on the website, and the camera is identified as a Mass Storage Device by the system, but let me know if I need to provide you with anything else.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Maria Sousa

Re: gphoto2 FLIR Vue Pro Support

Is there software that remote controls the device on Windows?

Can you post "lsusb" output in the capture mode (when it switches out of USB Mass Storage mode)?

Basically the protocol would need to be implemented if the device supports it.

Ciao, Marcus
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 03:20:30PM +0100, Maria João Sousa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a FLIR Vue Pro 336 and I am working on developing a real-time application that uses thermal images. However, the camera does can not transmit files in real-time, since it stops being recognized by the PC as a Mass Storage as soon as I put it in capture mode.
>
> After reading the gPhoto2 Reference, it seems the features your library supports would be ideal for the purpose I have in mind, particularly regarding tethered shooting and the ability to get the raw data and metadata from the images.
>
> I read the instructions on the website, and the camera is identified as a Mass Storage Device by the system, but let me know if I need to provide you with anything else.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!
> Best regards,
> Maria Sousa

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>

Re: gphoto2 FLIR Vue Pro Support

Hubert Figuière-2
Maria,

On 31/03/17 10:20 AM, Maria João Sousa wrote:

> I have a FLIR Vue Pro 336 and I am working on developing a real-time
> application that uses thermal images. However, the camera does can
> not transmit files in real-time, since it stops being recognized by
> the PC as a Mass Storage as soon as I put it in capture mode.
>
> After reading the gPhoto2 Reference, it seems the features your
> library supports would be ideal for the purpose I have in mind,
> particularly regarding tethered shooting and the ability to get the
> raw data and metadata from the images.
>
> I read the instructions on the website, and the camera is identified
> as a Mass Storage Device by the system, but let me know if I need to
> provide you with anything else.

>From what I can gather reading the documentation available on the
manufacturer website, the camera doesn't support doing what you have in
mind. AFAIK it will only store the imagery (still or movie) onto the
microSD card. Remote control is performed either through the "MAVLink"
port on the camera, or wirelessly using Bluetooth LE. Neither method
allow getting imagery.

Hope this help.

Hub