gphoto2/Canon Powershot G10 Continuous Capture Capability

gphoto2/Canon Powershot G10 Continuous Capture Capability

David Peace Hung
Hi Marcus,

I am currently working on a project where I need to utilize continuous capture from our camera, which is a Powershot G10. We have confirmed that gphoto2 is working with it, but we are having difficulty utilizing the camera's continuous shooting feature. Specifically, the camera supports continuous capturing at ~1.5 fps if the shutter is held down. However, we are unable to replicate this behavior using gphoto2 -- the image capture rate is much lower (~2-3 seconds between frames).

Is there a way we could directly activate the full speed continuous shooting mode on the camera from gphoto2? If so, is there a way to stream images directly from the camera to the host machine, or to continuously transfer the images asynchronously such that the continuous shooting could be sustained for (theoretically) forever (without taking battery life into account)?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

David Hung
President | Arizona Autonomous Vehicles Club
Junior | Electrical and Computer Engineering