[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-3570414 ] available support of canon IXUS 500 HS

[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-3570414 ] available support of canon IXUS 500 HS

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #3570414, was opened at 2012-09-21 02:23
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by marcusmeissner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=358874&aid=3570414&group_id=8874

not just the latest update.
Category: camera support
Group: None

Initial Comment:
May be somebody help me with my reserch i'm looking for cheep camera with good quality of photo which can make by PC software, but  most of cheep cameras haven't SDK ( it so sad)) )

I'd like to know about  Canon IXUS 500 HS mb sombody try it (or another camera IXUS HS series ) with  sdk CD-SDK v7.3 does it work?  In supported camera i saw Canon IXUS 500 mb you know some way for used it for HS ( setup the same frimware   or driver or etc.)  Is it available supported it in libgphoto2. And how i can quickly ( in shop with PC:)  )  try work the camera with libgphoto2 or not

Date: 2012-10-03 12:25

Message:
cant do much here.

The CHDK addon firmware has some starts of remote control support, not sure
if this camera is supported yet.

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2012-10-03 12:14

Message:
no, the canon sdk stopped supporting the current powershot and ixus series
some years ago.

the firmware as-is on cameras does not allow remote capture anymore there.

Canon EOS continue to be supported.