[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-3411965 ] gphoto2 -L does not work

[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-3411965 ] gphoto2 -L does not work

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #3411965, was opened at 2011-09-20 12:07
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by marcusmeissner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=358874&aid=3411965&group_id=8874

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In response to request for information about behavior of Nikon P500, dmesg indicates the camera picked up by the USB driver. gphoto2 -L does not produce output that is easily seen and seems to hang.

Date: 2012-07-24 23:21

Message:
apparently fixed

Comment By: craxiter (craxiter)
Date: 2012-04-19 13:50

Message:
Thanks Marcus. Doing gvfs-mount -s gphoto2 and then gphoto2
--capture-image-and-download resulted in the first P500 capture for me.
This basic hurdle overcome, I will experiment with other features

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2012-04-19 00:32

Message:
yet another case of gvfs blocking the camera :/

gvfs-mount -s gphoto2

to umount it

Comment By: Hub Figuière (hfiguiere)
Date: 2011-09-26 08:34

Message:
This looks like gvfs-gphoto/libgphoto2 is having issues dealing with the
USB device. This is a lower level issue with USB.

Comment By: craxiter (craxiter)
Date: 2011-09-21 14:44

Message:
rebooted to clean up the state of the machine
gvfs processes did not change when the camera was plugged in, nor did an
icon appear
the dmesg may give a hint, the USB mount appears to have been delegated to
a gphoto2 related process which failed

[  209.081314] usb 3-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 3
[  209.198770] usb 3-3: New USB device found, idVendor=04b0,
idProduct=0184
[  209.198780] usb 3-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=3
[  209.198789] usb 3-3: Product: NIKON DSC COOLPIX P500-PTP
[  209.198795] usb 3-3: Manufacturer: NIKON
[  209.198799] usb 3-3: SerialNumber: 000050112072
[  230.736709] usb 3-3: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd gvfs-gphoto2-vo
rqt 33 rq 102 len 0 ret -110

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2011-09-21 13:44

Message:
It is not reacting to any command we send in the trace.

is another process blocking the camera, like GNOME gvfs (nautilus camera
icon?)

Comment By: craxiter (craxiter)
Date: 2011-09-21 13:31

Message:
Please see uploaded file. I notice among other things that no nikon library
seemed to be accessed. BTW without the logfile option a rather abbreviated
version appeared on the screen. With that option, I had to exit with ^C.

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2011-09-20 23:18

Message:
can you get debug outout?

gphoto2 -L --debug --debug-logfile=listfiles.log