[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-3226988 ] Olympus E620

[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-3226988 ] Olympus E620

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #3226988, was opened at 2011-03-19 13:17
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by peterroots
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=358874&aid=3226988&group_id=8874

not just the latest update.
Category: camera support
Group: None

Initial Comment:
well I could not figure out how to add a file attachment to an existing artifact so I am adding a new one (which is sort of valid as it is a specific camera rather than a generic artifact (Olympus E series)
One file show the capture of the camera being initialized by the studio software the other file shows a capture of data during an image capture.

I hope this helps

Date: 2012-08-23 14:04

Message:
Any news on this or anything further you need to help with it?
Peter

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-29 12:42

Message:
Well I learnt something new today - how to compress and split a file in to
pieces to send.
If you join the two parts back together you should get the complete
capture.
PictureCaptureE620* > PictureCaptureE620.tar.bz
Will get the file back together (if you didn't already know that)

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-28 13:51

Message:
Sorry I can't quite get the picture capture small enough to upload - I will
try again tomorrow

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-28 13:22

Message:
sorry the uploads were no good to you. I have abandoned trying to do this
in windows and installed a virtual XP machine so I could use wireshark to
capture the USB traffic.
An xml export of the data is far too large, even after compression so I am
uploading the wireshark files, which I assume you will be able to read ok.
I hope these contain all you need, let me know if you want any other data
peter

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2011-03-27 14:20

Message:
Sorry for not anseriing sooner, last week was very busy for me.

The xml files are also truncated :(

<Raw Data>10 00 00 00 01 00 0C 10...</Raw Data>
(having the ... there for every entry is not helpful :(

I cannot decode the ulz files, these seem to be CHM compressed files, but I
have no idea on how
to view them in Linux :(

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-20 14:29

Message:
7zip got it smaller than I could get with the windows compression - hope
this is good for you

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-20 14:09

Message:
By not using RAW I have reduced the image capture file size considerably
but it is still 646Kb for the binary (and 320 for .xml) so still over the
256Kb limit

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-20 14:01

Message:
this time I got an error message (rather than just the % countdown followed
by a page refresh) that says files must be under 256Kb.
Tricky as even the camera initialization .xml (the smallest of the files)
is 530KB

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-20 13:52

Message:
Tried uploading the files in a zip but seem to have failed (or uploaded
them twice but they have not yet shown up)
Trying again, individually this time

Comment By: Peter (peterroots)
Date: 2011-03-20 13:45

Message:
OK I have tried again but saved as binary .ulz and exported to .xml as
well. Also made sure all the tick boxes are ticked, in USBlyser, in case I
missed anything last time

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2011-03-20 12:44

Message:
hmm, the html dump does not work as it does not have all data.

do you have it in another format? binary?xml?

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2011-03-20 12:42

Message:
thanks!

i have started to work on this, but it will be a bit of time, as it is
quite new :/