[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-1456391 ] Canon 30D capture support

[gphoto-features] [ gphoto-Feature Requests-1456391 ] Canon 30D capture support

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #1456391, was opened at 2006-03-22 11:46
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by marcusmeissner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=358874&aid=1456391&group_id=8874

not just the latest update.
Category: camera support
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello, is the support for the new Canon 30D scheduled?
I think the protocol should be equal to the 20D so it
should be straight forward.

Maybe the Canon 5D is simple to add too.

As these are very popular cameras and probably isn't
that hard to support (I hope) I think this would be
interesting.

Best wishes!
Tiago

Date: 2012-07-24 23:27

Message:
is in for a while

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2008-09-14 11:08

Message:
Can you please add  in camlibs/canon/canon.c in the camera array
the Canon 30D (just cut and paste the 5D entry, exchagne the
product USB id by 0x3113

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2006-04-06 04:47

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=48092

Image capture is likely only working in Canon mode for the
EOS series.

If you want to, you can catch USB snoops of capture from
the Windows SOftware, if any.

Comment By: Thomas Tanner (tan)
Date: 2006-03-28 08:06

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=13744

thank you! I have tried it with the line:

{"Canon:EOS 30D (PTP mode)",            0x04a9, 0x3113,
PTPBUG_DCIM_WRONG_PARENT}

which is the same flag as for the 20D and 5D (its ID is
already in the list!).

Downloading files work fine with the 30D.
Now if only image capture was implemented...

This is the output of gphoto2 --summary (serial removed):

Camera summary:
Model: Canon EOS 30D
  device version: 3-1.0.4
  serial number:  xxxxxxxxx
Vendor extension ID: 0x0000000b
Vendor extension description: (null)

Capture Formats: JPEG
Display Formats: Script, DPOF, MS AVI, MS Wave, JPEG,
Unknown(b101), Unknown(bf02), Undefined Type

Device Capabilities:
        File Download, File Deletion, File Upload
        No Image Capture, No Open Capture, No vendor specific capture

Storage Devices Summary:
store_00000001:
        StorageDescription: CF
        VolumeLabel: A:
        Storage Type: Removable RAM (memory card)
        Filesystemtype: Digital Camera Layout (DCIM)
        Access Capability: Read-Write
        Maximum Capability: 2047541248 (1952 MB)
        Free Space (Bytes): 1809743872 (1725 MB)
        Free Space (Images): -1

Device Property Summary:
Property 0xd049:(read only) (type=0x0) Undefined

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2006-03-28 05:30

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=48092

if you have the chance to get at a 5D , its USB ids would
be appreciated too.

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2006-03-28 05:23

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=48092

add this line to camlibs/ptp2/library.c:
       {"Canon:EOS 30D (PTP mode)",            0x04a9,
0x3113, PTPBUG_DELETE_SENDS_EVENT},

(applied to CVS)

The PTPBUG flag will make the files show up.

Comment By: Thomas Tanner (tan)
Date: 2006-03-28 04:22

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=13744

FYI, the USB id of the 30D is (according to lsusb):

Bus 003 Device 069: ID 04a9:3113 Canon, Inc.

Comment By: estima (estima)
Date: 2006-03-23 15:19

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1483325

Ok, I just got home and tried the 300D through PTP. I have
two machines one with Fedora Core 3 and other with FC4.

In the FC4 everything goes well, the machine is detected and
I can download the images.

But in FC3 there is some kind of problem. The camera is
indeed detected as a PTP camera but I can't get the files.
Doing a "gphoto2 --get-all-files" returns without any error
message but it does not get the files.

I will investigate this later.

Thanks for the help ;)

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2006-03-23 02:11

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=48092

when it is detected, download should work too.

Comment By: estima (estima)
Date: 2006-03-23 02:10

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1483325

Yes that is true. The camera must be changed from Normal
mode to PTP mode. But with my 300D set to PTP it isn't
detected. I'll try again later today.

Should it be possible to donwload the photos using PTP
generic or just detect the camera?

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2006-03-23 01:32

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=48092

gphoto2 --auto-detect should work and show it.

The EOS series need to be switched in the camera menu to
PTP mode I think.

Comment By: estima (estima)
Date: 2006-03-23 01:19

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1483325

That's what I thought but I tried to connect my 300D using
"PTP Class Camera" and had no success (I'm using libgphoto
2.1.6).

If I get my hands on a 30D I can get you the USB id and
maybe test it.

Comment By: Marcus Meissner (marcusmeissner)
Date: 2006-03-22 23:08

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=48092

We just need the USB id(s) and a confirmation that it works
in PTP mode.

Btw, in PTP mode it will be autodetected even without
recompiling, as "USB PTP Class Camera".

Comment By: estima (estima)
Date: 2006-03-22 15:49

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1483325

C'mon, the 30D / 5D both support the PTP mode. I saw some
post (I can't remember where) about recompiling the
libgphoto2 with   a changed camlibs/ptps/library.c with a
clonned line from the 20D to add the support for the 5D. The
guy sad it worked fine.

For the record I don't own any of the two at the moment. I
use a 300D but I'll be upgrading soon.

Comment By: Hub Figuière (hfiguiere)
Date: 2006-03-22 11:52

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=27487

when you'll provide us with a camera we can test :-)