--capture-tethered

royord
Canon 7D Mk II

Is there a “—capture-tethered” option that can download the images as well as keep them on the card? I’m interested in creating a backup of each file on the fly.

using --set-config capturetarget="Media card” does set the media card as the target however it doesn’t seem to save them permanently there. They are there until transfered using the “capture-tethered” option then the file gets deleted.

using “—keep” and “—keep-raw” does keep the images on the card, however it doesn’t do the tethered part and download the image file to the local machine.

I have tried a script that loops “gphoto2 --folder="$CAMERA_FOLDER" --get-all-files --skip-existing” however this ends up in the camera being unavailable at times which just doesn’t work for my workflow, actually it’s every other time that the script runs the camera is unavailable. Is there a way to fix this so that the camera remains available?

I would try gphotofs however this leaves the camera “busy” and I cannot shoot and use the file system at the same time, this would be much more ideal.

gphoto2 -v
gphoto2 2.5.10.1

Copyright (c) 2000-2016 Lutz Mueller and others

gphoto2 comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may
redistribute copies of gphoto2 under the terms of the GNU General Public
License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

This version of gphoto2 is using the following software versions and options:
gphoto2         2.5.10.1       gcc, popt(m), exif, no cdk, no aa, jpeg, readline
libgphoto2      2.5.10.1       all camlibs, gcc, ltdl, EXIF
libgphoto2_port 0.12.0         gcc, ltdl, USB, serial without locking