Quantcast

--capture-image with a custom name?

Matteo Perini
Hi all,

I have a camera that take pictures through a remote button and through
gphoto2 from computer at the same time.

With gphoto2 I want to download images but keeping separate they by
source (button or gphoto2)

I thought that one way could be to give a different name to the images
taken by gphoto2. Is it possible?

If not, are there a way to know what is the last picture taken by the
camera?

Thanks in advance,

Ciao

M.

Re: --capture-image with a custom name?

Marcus Meissner
On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:41:59PM +0200, Matteo Perini wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a camera that take pictures through a remote button and through
> gphoto2 from computer at the same time.
>
> With gphoto2 I want to download images but keeping separate they by
> source (button or gphoto2)
>
> I thought that one way could be to give a different name to the images
> taken by gphoto2. Is it possible?
>
> If not, are there a way to know what is the last picture taken by the
> camera?

Do you want to change the names on the camera SD card? This is not possible.

--capture-image will report the filenames taken, so you could use that in a list
to compare vs images taken with the external shutter.