Quantcast

Want to add hdr setting for Canon 5D Mark III

Want to add hdr setting for Canon 5D Mark III

Tony O

Hi everyone!

I want to be able to control HDR on/off setting on my camera, but there is no such setting for Canon 5D Mark III in gphoto2. I can control this setting with official EOS Utility under Windows. But I need to control it using command line interface or C API of gphoto2.

Camera uses ptp protocol to communicate with PC. I’ve tried to use gp_camera_wait_for_event function to found canon hdr property code. And when I manually toggle hdr setting, I’ve got the next result:

timeout event
timeout event
unknown event: PTP Property d1bc changed
unknown event: PTP Property d1c1 changed
unknown event: PTP Property d13d changed
unknown event: PTP Property d1dc changed
unknown event: PTP Property d13b changed
unknown event: PTP Property d10d changed
unknown event: PTP Property d10e changed
unknown event: PTP Property d103 changed
timeout event

Then in file camlibs/ptp2/ptp.h I found this string:

#define PTP_DPC_CANON_EOS_HDRSetting 0xD13D

But there is now using of this define in other files.

So I want to add code to handle this property, but I need some tips.
I suppose that I need to add some code to ptp-pack.c and config.c. Correct me if I’m wrong.
But how can I understand how to pack hdr setting packet? What tools do I need to do this?

Give me some advice on how to start.

Best regards
Tony O