Quantcast

Support for Yi Action Camera

Vigely Mastrogiannis

Hello,

I’m curious if you could add support for the Yi Action Camera?  Gphoto2 auto-detect doesn’t find the device.  I attached a summary of lsusb for device details and gphoto2 version info.  Running on Ubuntu Server 16.04 and gphoto2 is locally compiled.  Is there any more info I can provide?  I use gphoto2 in a script for a sync station for 6 GoPro Hero devices; it’s been working awesome.  I’m thinking about transitioning to these Yi Action Camera devices.

Thanks,

Vigely Mastrogiannis, IT Administrator

Columbia Security Service & Systems Inc.

Office     360-636-4477

Cell        360-601-9203

[hidden email]

www.columbiasecurity.net

lsusb_summary (4K) Download Attachment
gphoto2_version (800 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Support for Yi Action Camera

Marcus Meissner-4
On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 03:45:36PM -0800, Vigely Mastrogiannis wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I’m curious if you could add support for the Yi Action Camera?  Gphoto2
> auto-detect doesn’t find the device.  I attached a summary of lsusb for
> device details and gphoto2 version info.  Running on Ubuntu Server 16.04
> and gphoto2 is locally compiled.  Is there any more info I can provide?  I
> use gphoto2 in a script for a sync station for 6 GoPro Hero devices; it’s
> been working awesome.  I’m thinking about transitioning to these Yi Action
> Camera devices.

According to lsusb output this camera is just USB mass storage, similar
to a USB stick or USB harddrive.

If you cannot switch the camera mode on camera it probably does not offer
remote control over USB.