Suggestion for "opcode" command

happycam

Hi, Marcus,

I thought the feature of 'the generic opcode command' was very helpful, but I met some problems in practice. When I used it to carry out simple operations, it worked well. When I wanted to set some configuration, it failed. I grabbed the USB transfer data and found out that the 'opcode' command could only send the opcode and data in one PTP command block. According to the PTP protocol, the opcode and data should be send in a PTP command block and a data block separately.  Could you fix this problem? Thank you!

Regards,

Li

Re: Suggestion for "opcode" command

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 11:20:22AM +0000, Li huijun wrote:
> Hi, Marcus,
>

> I thought the feature of 'the generic opcode command' was very helpful, but I met some problems in practice. When I used it to carry out simple operations, it worked well. When I wanted to set some configuration, it failed. I grabbed the USB transfer data and found out that the 'opcode' command could only send the opcode and data in one PTP command block. According to the PTP protocol, the opcode and data should be send in a PTP command block and a data block separately.  Could you fix this problem? Thank you!

What commands are you sending and why can they not just be implemented in libgphoto2?

Currently the opcode command does not support sending data, as observed, it only supports
getting data.

I will think on how to codify send/get data seperately there :/