Speeding up capturing photos on Sony Alpha A6000

Speeding up capturing photos on Sony Alpha A6000

cooboos
Hi,

I'm trying to capture photos using Sony Alpha A6000 camera and capturing speed is important in this case. Executing command "gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download" in endless loop in consequence led to pretty low fps rate (around 4 seconds for one photo). When I captured photos in continous mode I have achieved time around 1.8 s for a photo (with 1 second interval in command), which would be enough for me, but in this case I lose information about the moment in which photo was captured. Is there a way to capture some kind of signal informing that next photo was just captured without slowing down the process?