Sony RX100M4 in PC Remote

Paulo Neves
Hello all,

I would like to ask if anybody can confirm that the Sony RX100M4 has
capture when it is in PC remote mode? If it does how hard is it to have
support in gphoto2? Currently RX100 is listed as PTP mode only.

I do not have one available, but I am interested in the knowledge. This
page http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Win/rcc/us.html says
that the DSC-RX100M4 support remote camera control.

Best regards
Paulo Neves

Re: Sony RX100M4 in PC Remote

Marcus Meissner-4
On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:19:14AM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to ask if anybody can confirm that the Sony RX100M4 has
> capture when it is in PC remote mode? If it does how hard is it to have
> support in gphoto2? Currently RX100 is listed as PTP mode only.
>
> I do not have one available, but I am interested in the knowledge. This
> page http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Win/rcc/us.html says
> that the DSC-RX100M4 support remote camera control.

I have no personal experience nor reports, but the page reads like it is possible.