Sony DSC-HX20V driver

Jean-Christophe Clavier

Hello,

I wanted to try your software with my camera (a sony DSC-HX20V) but I can't find it in the list of supported cameras.

So I tried the instructions you give on your site :

1. Record the output of lsusb to get the USB ids

$ > lsusb

Bus 003 Device 007: ID 054c:05be Sony Corp.

2. Record the output of gphoto2 --auto-detect

$ gphoto2 --auto-detect
Modèle                        Port

It doesn't seem to be detected so I didn't perform the next step.

Maybe was it supported with gphoto 0.4 but i can't find the drivers list.

I don't know how to find the complete SVN Trunk list so it may appear in the next release but as it is a some years old camera, i doubt it.

Thank you for your help

Jean-Christophe.

Re: Sony DSC-HX20V driver

can you switch its USB mode? E.g. from Mass Storage to PTP?

If its mass storage we do not detect it.

You can also run "lsusb -v", cut out the non-camera devices,
and mail us. (Or look if it reports as Mass Storage.)

Ciao, Marcus