Quantcast

Sony Alpha 5100 movie capture

eragon38
Hello,

At the beginning I must thank you for your great work on gphoto2. It's awesome.

Unfortunately, I found a problem. When i call

 'gphoto2 --capture-movie --stdout'

I recieve

 'Capturing preview frames as movie to 'stdout'. Press Ctrl-C to abort.
ERROR: Movie capture error... Exiting.
Movie capture finished (0 frames)'

So i can't stream video through this function, but i can start video with

'gphoto2 --set-config movie=1'

Are there any possibilities to call this commant with '--stdout' to

'gphoto2 --set-config movie=1 --stdout'

To get a stream?

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe one more think, when i call

'gphoto2 --set-config movie=1'
and after some time
'gphoto2 --set-config movie=0'

It save video on camera, but I can't find solution to get it to pc.

Thank you once more

Re: Sony Alpha 5100 movie capture

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 06:27:49AM -0700, eragon38 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At the beginning I must thank you for your great work on gphoto2. It's
> awesome.

Thanks :)

> Unfortunately, I found a problem. When i call
>
>  'gphoto2 --capture-movie --stdout'
>
> I recieve
>
>  'Capturing preview frames as movie to 'stdout'. Press Ctrl-C to abort.
> ERROR: Movie capture error... Exiting.
> Movie capture finished (0 frames)'
>
> So i can't stream video through this function, but i can start video with
>
> 'gphoto2 --set-config movie=1'
>
> Are there any possibilities to call this commant with '--stdout' to
>
> 'gphoto2 --set-config movie=1 --stdout'
>
> To get a stream?
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Maybe one more think, when i call
>
> 'gphoto2 --set-config movie=1'
> and after some time
> 'gphoto2 --set-config movie=0'
>
> It save video on camera, but I can't find solution to get it to pc.

So far I have not been able to figure out streaming of the movie on Sony.

We have calls to start and stop movie recording, but the movie is written
as file to the card, and not streamed during this. So I currently do not
know :/

Re: Sony Alpha 5100 movie capture

eragon38
Thanks for your fast response.

It's sad information for me, so could you recomend me any cameras with full gphoro2 support (video stream and zoom)?

Thank you,
Martin

Re: Sony Alpha 5100 movie capture

Paulo Neves
As far as I know the Nikons DSLR allow for video streaming of the viewfinder but the quality is not the best. This for live streaming.

Re: Sony Alpha 5100 movie capture

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 01:21:33AM -0700, Paulo Neves wrote:
> As far as I know the Nikons DSLR allow for video streaming of the viewfinder
> but the quality is not the best. This for live streaming.

For Nikon and Canon we currently grab the preview frames and those
can be turned into a video stream.

Newer Canon EOS seem to be able to feed the live movie capture itself
as h.264 over the wire, but I have not yet reverse engineered that.

Re: Sony Alpha 5100 movie capture

eragon38
Hi all,

any news, if it is possible to get files from Sony cameras? (--get-file)

Thank you,
Martin

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 07:51:46AM -0700, eragon38 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> any news, if it is possible to get files from Sony cameras? (--get-file)

If it is not in "PC Control" mode, yes.

Re: Sony Alpha 5100 movie capture

eragon38
Thank you for reply,

and is it possible to change USB mode over USB, if direct access to camera is not possible?

Thanks,
Martin

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 01:18:44AM -0700, eragon38 wrote:
> Thank you for reply,
>
> and is it possible to change USB mode over USB, if direct access to camera
> is not possible?

I am not aware that this would be possible.