Sony A7r2 capture to shuttersnitch on iPad

Sony A7r2 capture to shuttersnitch on iPad

adrianlambert
I'm exploring the idea of setting up a wireless router to transfer images from the A7r2 to an app on mobile devices called shuttersnitch. I have the specific need to access images as they are captured but with full control of the camera. I have no need at all to control the camera remotely. Sony's mobile device software achieves control satisfactorily but not transfer, and the Capture One app for PCs achieves immediate transfer satisfactorily (as well as remote control) when tethered via USB. I'm aware that older versions of gphoto2 have been compiled for use in the openwrt environment, and have used this combo to successfully achieve my goal with a canon camera. It didn't work for the Sony though as the gphoto2 release was pre 2.5.9. Compiling software for openwrt seems from other people's experiences to be a non trivial endeavour so before I start the process knowing it's probably going to cause me a lot of headaches I wanted to ask a couple of questions. Does gphoto2 allow the Sony A7r2 to operate in it's normal way, i.e. all menus and controls work in the same way as when the camera isn't being controlled remotely (the sony wireless remote software limits usage dramatically). Is the gphoto2 2.5.12 software dramatically larger than 2.5.2 which I've already used on my mobile router (the router has a very limited amount of space available for installation of other software.
Obviously I wouldn't be disappointed if someone has already compiled gphoto2 2.5.9+ for openwrt and wanted to offer a few pointers! Many thanks.