Software problem with Nikon D40X

Stark, Alain

Hello,

I have a Digital camera Nikon D40X and I use libgphoto2 on an Orange Pi Zero to do bracketting to create a 360° HDR panorama.

Everything is working fine and I have made a lot of configuration tests.

But yet, I have a problem with the camera. I think it's a software problem, I can't view photos on the camera. The view button does not work and if I go to the playback menu with the menu interface, all the items are geyed (Delete Playback folder, Rotate tall Slide show and print set (DPOF)). If i want to select a greyed item the camera give me this error message :

"This option is not available with current settings".

I have phoned to the Nikon support but they said that I have used a non supported software and that it broke the support.

I tried to reset the camera (soft and hard) and to update the firmware but none of this method works.

Can you help me please ?

Sorry for my english.

Best regards,

--

Alain STARK

Votre partenaire informatique
64, chemin Long - 67500 Haguenau
Tél : 03 88 72 22 22

Pensez à l'environnement, n'imprimez ce courrier et/ou les pièces jointes qu'en cas de nécessité.

Re: Software problem with Nikon D40X

Daniel P. Berrange
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 09:19:28AM -0400, Michael Shurtleff wrote:
> This doesn't look like a gphoto problem.  You would fare better on a
> Nikon user site.  Don't give up on Nikon support because it really
> looks like a Nikon software problem to me.  Unless you used unapproved
> software on the camera itself, Nikon should be responsible, and it
> would appear that you got a lazy support rep on the phone.  Put your
> problem on a public Nikon support site, and you should get more help.

For that matter there's no reason to even tell Nikon that you have
used libgphoto2. All they need to know is that the camera is in
this stuck state & can't be reset & you need help to fix it.

> On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 14:49 +0200, Stark, Alain wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Digital camera Nikon D40X and I use libgphoto2 on an Orange
> > Pi Zero to do bracketting to create a 360° HDR panorama.
> >
> > Everything is working fine and I have made a lot of configuration
> > tests.
> >
> > But yet, I have a problem with the camera. I think it's a software
> > problem, I can't view photos on the camera. The view button does not
> > work and if I go to the playback menu with the menu interface, all
> > the items are geyed (Delete Playback folder, Rotate tall Slide show
> > and print set (DPOF)). If i want to select a greyed item the camera
> > give me this error message :
> >
> > "This option is not available with current settings".
> >
> > I have phoned to the Nikon support but they said that I have used a
> > non supported software and that it broke the support.
> >
> > I tried to reset the camera (soft and hard) and to update the
> > firmware but none of this method works.
> >
> > Can you help me please ?

Regards,
Daniel
--
|: https://berrange.com      -o-    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|
|: https://libvirt.org         -o-            https://fstop138.berrange.com :|

Re: Software problem with Nikon D40X

I agree to the previous emails ...

Is this inability to view the images with the USB cable plugged
into the Orange Pi? Does it work if you unplug it from the Pi?

Ciao, Marcus