SONY NEX 7 SUPPORT

Jose Velez
Hello gphoto team:

I'm trying to trigger a Sony Nex 7 Camera with a raspberry pi 3 by USB link but the system return an error, as I have read the cameras MPT Capable are supported even if are not in the camera list supported . please find attached the debug file.

Thank you in advance for your full assistance.

B.R.

--
JOSE VELEZ H

my-logfile.txt (69K) Download Attachment

Re: SONY NEX 7 SUPPORT

Marcus Meissner-4
On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 08:50:37AM +0500, Jose Velez wrote:
> Hello gphoto team:
>
> I'm trying to trigger a Sony Nex 7 Camera with a raspberry pi 3 by USB link
> but the system return an error, as I have read the cameras MPT Capable are
> supported even if are not in the camera list supported . please find
> attached the debug file.
>
> Thank you in advance for your full assistance.

This Sony probably has no remote control support (it might be hiding it behind
the vendor specific commands).

The Sony Alpha series has a PC Control mode that can be selected on camera,
does the NEX 7 has that too?

Does the Windows or Android access software have remote control abilities?

Re: SONY NEX 7 SUPPORT

Jose Velez
Hello Marcus:

Unfortunatelly the Sony Nex 7 doesn´t have the PC control mode, I was exploring the setup and the only additional option is an HDMI Control, and  it could be controlled from a TV with this function.

There are any option in that way?

Thank You.

B.R.

Jose Velez

On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 08:50:37AM +0500, Jose Velez wrote:
> Hello gphoto team:
>
> I'm trying to trigger a Sony Nex 7 Camera with a raspberry pi 3 by USB link
> but the system return an error, as I have read the cameras MPT Capable are
> supported even if are not in the camera list supported . please find
> attached the debug file.
>
> Thank you in advance for your full assistance.

This Sony probably has no remote control support (it might be hiding it behind
the vendor specific commands).

The Sony Alpha series has a PC Control mode that can be selected on camera,
does the NEX 7 has that too?

Does the Windows or Android access software have remote control abilities?

JOSE VELEZ H

Re: SONY NEX 7 SUPPORT

sadly I do not think so. Remote control likely is not possible
with the NEX7

Ciao, Marcus
On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 11:13:58PM -0500, Jose Velez wrote:

> Hello Marcus:
>
> Unfortunatelly the Sony Nex 7 doesn´t have the PC control mode, I was
> exploring the setup and the only additional option is an HDMI Control, and
>  it could be controlled from a TV with this function.
>
> There are any option in that way?
>
> Thank You.
>
> B.R.
>
> Jose Velez

> > On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 08:50:37AM +0500, Jose Velez wrote:
> > > Hello gphoto team:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to trigger a Sony Nex 7 Camera with a raspberry pi 3 by USB
> > link
> > > but the system return an error, as I have read the cameras MPT Capable
> > are
> > > supported even if are not in the camera list supported . please find
> > > attached the debug file.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for your full assistance.
> >
> > This Sony probably has no remote control support (it might be hiding it
> > behind
> > the vendor specific commands).
> >
> > The Sony Alpha series has a PC Control mode that can be selected on camera,
> > does the NEX 7 has that too?
> >
> > Does the Windows or Android access software have remote control abilities?
> >
> > Ciao, Marcus
> >

> --
> JOSE VELEZ H

Re: SONY NEX 7 SUPPORT