Recommendations for PTPIP cameras supported by libgphoto ?

Recommendations for PTPIP cameras supported by libgphoto ?

Daniel P. Berrange
I'm looking for possible cameras to acquire that support PTPIP with
libgphoto in order to test with my Entangle app. Any there any
recommendations of cameras which work well ? I don't care about the
quality of the camera, just that it be a good testing platform
for PTPIP support, and the cheaper the better. I see

  http://gphoto.org/doc/ptpip.php

mentions a bunch of old Coolpix P1/2/3/4/5 cameras supporting PTPIP, but
then  this page:

  http://www.gphoto.org/doc/remote/

claims they only work via USB, not PTPIP. Is one of these pages wrong ?
Some of those old coolpix cameras are nice & cheap on ebay, so appealing :-)

Regards,
Daniel
--
|: https://berrange.com      -o-    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|
|: https://libvirt.org         -o-            https://fstop138.berrange.com :|

Re: Recommendations for PTPIP cameras supported by libgphoto ?

I made good experiences with Nikons.

The Nikon 1 and and the new Nikon DSLR series with Wifi.
(I dont have newer Nikon Coolpix with Wifi support to test.)
Both series offer also liveview over PTP/IP.

I did not get Canon Powershot over WiFi to work. It seems they do
something else than PTP/IP, some SOAPy protocol.

Ricoh Theta 360 degree camera also worked, but it offers no live view.

Ciao, Marcus

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:39:53PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> I'm looking for possible cameras to acquire that support PTPIP with
> libgphoto in order to test with my Entangle app. Any there any
> recommendations of cameras which work well ? I don't care about the
> quality of the camera, just that it be a good testing platform
> for PTPIP support, and the cheaper the better. I see
>
>   http://gphoto.org/doc/ptpip.php
>
> mentions a bunch of old Coolpix P1/2/3/4/5 cameras supporting PTPIP, but
> then  this page:
>
>   http://www.gphoto.org/doc/remote/
>
> claims they only work via USB, not PTPIP. Is one of these pages wrong ?
> Some of those old coolpix cameras are nice & cheap on ebay, so appealing :-)
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
> --
> |: https://berrange.com      -o-    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|
> |: https://libvirt.org         -o-            https://fstop138.berrange.com :|
> |: https://entangle-photo.org    -o-    https://www.instagram.com/dberrange :|

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>