Re: fastest way to download images from a camera

lee

Re: fastest way to download images from a camera

lee
Hello Tomas,

Thank you very much for your help.
Both scenarios are working !

Is there a secret place where we ca find a documentation how to use the shell mode ?

All the Best,
Lee

El Lunes, 14 de noviembre de 2016 16:18:08 lee escribió:

> Hello Tomas,
>
> Thank you very much for your hint.
> The capturing and downloading is really faster in shell mode.
>
> But is there a way to define the location where the file are stored on my
> computer ?
>
> i tried the „—filename" attribute, but it does not seem to work in shell
> mode …
>
> gphoto stores the images always at my home directory.
> perhaps this can changed somewhere ?
>

> my system is mac osx 10.10
>

> gphoto2         2.5.10         clang, popt(m), no exif, no cdk, no aa, jpeg,
> readline libgphoto2      2.5.10         all camlibs, clang, ltdl, no EXIF
> libgphoto2_port 0.12.0         clang, ltdl, USB, serial without locking
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lee

I'm not sure, but probably the --filename option should be used before entering
shell mode. In addition, according to doc:

Default value for this option can be specified in the ~/.gphoto/settings file as
gphoto2=filename=value

You could try to use the settings file.

Regards,
Tomas.

Re: fastest way to download images from a camera

Marcus Meissner-4
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 08:52:40PM +0100, lee wrote:
> Hello Tomas,
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
> Both scenarios are working !
>
> Is there a secret place where we ca find a documentation how to use the shell mode ?

shell mode is in the manpage actually (man gphoto2) ... is there anything missing there?