Re: call for Nikon DSLR testers

SarenT
Hi Markus,

I was trying to figure out why my captures take so long (>30s). I came
across your e-mail for a call for Nikon DSLR testers (from 2014). There
I have found my solution (setting internal memory as capture target did
the trick). Long story short, I have seen Nikon D3300 mentioned in that
e-mail to be tested and I decided to test mine and give you the results...

I have tested those commands with a bash script (attached) also to
measure time required for each command to be finished. All worked except
the last one.

For that one I have also included the version with "--debug
--debug-logfile=004-movie-debug-log.txt" parameters. I see that standard
error is missing, I guess. On bash I see these lines too:

Waiting for 10 seconds for events from camera. Press Ctrl-C to abort.
UNKNOWN PTP Property d10b changed
UNKNOWN PTP Property d1a2 changed
UNKNOWN PTP Property d0a4 changed
UNKNOWN PTP Property d1f1 changed
Waiting for 2 seconds for events from camera. Press Ctrl-C to abort.
UNKNOWN PTP Property d0a4 changed

*** Error ***
PTP I/O Error
*** Error (-107: 'Directory not found') ***

If you need more info, I can perform further tests.

Best,

Saren

004-movie-debug-log.txt (259K) Download Attachment
004-movie.txt (1K) Download Attachment
003-frommemorycard.txt (246 bytes) Download Attachment
002-frominternalram.txt (168 bytes) Download Attachment
001-capturepreview.txt (582 bytes) Download Attachment
gphoto.sh (1022 bytes) Download Attachment