Re: D7000 Autofocus

Marcus Meissner-4
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:50:27AM -0800, AntoineeniotnA wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I am coding an application using a Nikon D7000 on Linux based on the gphoto2
> source code and the libgphoto2.
>
> I have already implemented the liveview which works well but I'm looking for
> an ability.
>
> I would like to focus on a specific area in the image coming from the
> liveview. Precisely, when a user click on an area in the image, the Nikon
> D7000 should make the focus on this area. Is it possible actually to do it ?
>
> Thank you for your replies.

This is the "Active AF Sensor" aka 0xd108 property.

For my D7000 it has values from 1-39.

        gphoto2 --get-config d108
        gphoto2 --set-config d108=XX

We are so far not encoding/decoding it further, but this could be done.

You probably need to change the Focus Metering mode to Single Area too.

        gphoto2 --get-config focusmode
        gphoto2 --set-config focusmode=AF-S