Olympus PEN Lite EPL3

Godwin Chidamahiya
Hi

Please find attached summary of commands i ran as specified on the site: http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

I am hoping to make a timelapse using an Olympus PEN Lite EPL3 camera connected to a raspberry pi.

I was wondering if you could help make the camera be detectable using the gphoto2.

Please help

Kind regards

lsusb.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Olympus PEN Lite EPL3

pprovaz
I may be wrong,  but I think that only Olympus EXXXs have capture support in the firmware, so none of the light versions (E-P nor E-PL, E-PM)  are able to capture with any software. I also think that no OM-D EM has capture support.
I personally have E-PL1,  E-PM1 and EM10 mkII and none of them have "Control"  possibility in the USB Mode Settings menu,  it is in the EXXXs DSLRs only.
------------
Czech Republic

Re: Olympus PEN Lite EPL3

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:31:43AM -0700, pprovaz wrote:
> I may be wrong,  but I think that only Olympus EXXXs have capture support in
> the firmware, so none of the light versions (E-P nor E-PL, E-PM)  are able
> to capture with any software. I also think that no OM-D EM has capture
> support.
> I personally have E-PL1,  E-PM1 and EM10 mkII and none of them have
> "Control"  possibility in the USB Mode Settings menu,  it is in the EXXXs
> DSLRs only.

They might have different capture control possibilities, but we do not know
it, if it is either there or or not.

Re: Olympus PEN Lite EPL3

pprovaz
Hmm, I would be very pleased to find there is a capture support, because especially the E-PL1 is my favorite camera.

I think, that if the capture support is there, there would be some Olympus software working with it. Like Fujifilm has the Hyper-utility. They would not develop it for nothing. Also some third party soft would support it. But I haven't heard about any such utility from Olympus.
------------
Czech Republic

Re: Olympus PEN Lite EPL3

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 01:51:33AM -0700, pprovaz wrote:
> Hmm, I would be very pleased to find there is a capture support, because
> especially the E-PL1 is my favorite camera.
>
> I think, that if the capture support is there, there would be some Olympus
> software working with it. Like Fujifilm has the Hyper-utility. They would
> not develop it for nothing. Also some third party soft would support it. But
> I haven't heard about any such utility from Olympus.

True to that. If you see such indications I would be happy to hear about :)