Olympus OM-D no capture ability

Karsten G
Dear Sir or Madame,

I tried to capture a picture with my Olympus O-MD E-M10, but it looks like this is not supported. The camera will be correctly recognized and other functions are possible, but as I said, I cannot take a picture.

Therefor you get the logfile in the attachment . Hopefully you can build a workaround or implement the support.

Kind Regards,
Karsten Gröger

my-logfile.txt (98K) Download Attachment

Re: Olympus OM-D no capture ability

Marcus Meissner
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 06:30:38PM +0100, Karsten G wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madame,
>
> I tried to capture a picture with my Olympus O-MD E-M10, but it looks like this is not supported. The camera will be correctly recognized and other functions are possible, but as I said, I cannot take a picture.
>
> Therefor you get the logfile in the attachment . Hopefully you can build a workaround or implement the support.

The logfile shows only file access capabilities.

Remote control is not implemented in the larger parts of the O-MD series. There is a newer
one that does (M25) but with so far unknown vendor opcodes.