Nikon D3400 support

Chris P
getting an error when trying to use a Nikon D3400. is it possible to add support for this camera?

getting this error with both --capture-image and --capture-image-and-download

*** Error ***
PTP Store Not Available
ERROR: Could not capture image
ERROR: Could not capture

attachment0 (36K) Download Attachment

Re: Nikon D3400 support

You have "capturetarget" set to "card", but it seems no SD card is inserted.

You can set capturetarget to sdram or insert a SD card to fix it I hope.

Ciao, Marcus

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 03:49:46PM -0800, Chris P wrote:

> getting an error when trying to use a Nikon D3400. is it possible to add
> support for this camera?
>
> getting this error with both --capture-image and
> --capture-image-and-download
>
> *** Error ***
> PTP Store Not Available
> ERROR: Could not capture image
> ERROR: Could not capture

Re: Nikon D3400 support

Chris P
Ack, i was waiting for this to be approved.

I replaced the sd card and was able to successfully capture a photo. Is there any way to add this model so it doesn't show up as generic nikon?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 8, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> You have "capturetarget" set to "card", but it seems no SD card is inserted.
>
> You can set capturetarget to sdram or insert a SD card to fix it I hope.
>
> Ciao, Marcus
>
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 03:49:46PM -0800, Chris P wrote:
>> getting an error when trying to use a Nikon D3400. is it possible to add
>> support for this camera?
>>
>> getting this error with both --capture-image and
>> --capture-image-and-download
>>
>> *** Error ***
>> PTP Store Not Available
>> ERROR: Could not capture image
>> ERROR: Could not capture

Re: Nikon D3400 support

I have added it to our git... it is in the 2.5.12 release that I did this week :)

Ciao, Marcus
On Sun, Jan 08, 2017 at 02:01:04PM -0800, Chris P wrote:

> Ack, i was waiting for this to be approved.
>
> I replaced the sd card and was able to successfully capture a photo. Is there any way to add this model so it doesn't show up as generic nikon?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jan 8, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You have "capturetarget" set to "card", but it seems no SD card is inserted.
> >
> > You can set capturetarget to sdram or insert a SD card to fix it I hope.
> >
> > Ciao, Marcus
> >
> >> On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 03:49:46PM -0800, Chris P wrote:
> >> getting an error when trying to use a Nikon D3400. is it possible to add
> >> support for this camera?
> >>
> >> getting this error with both --capture-image and
> >> --capture-image-and-download
> >>
> >> *** Error ***
> >> PTP Store Not Available
> >> ERROR: Could not capture image
> >> ERROR: Could not capture

Re: Nikon D3400 support

kemeny
Hi Chris,

Not sure if this helps but on the D3200 we have to use it without an SD card in order to allow PTP camera mode for gphoto. You then have to allow the camera to take a photo when no sd card is present in the settings.

I may be confusing my terms here but basically no sd card with settings allowing capture rather than lock works for us using gphoto,

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,