Leica SL (Type 601)

Graham White
I have a Leica SL (otherwise known as the Type 601). It does not work
with gphoto2: here is the data that you ask for

lsusb gives
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 1a98:2041 Leica Camera AG

gphoto2 --auto-detect gives
Model                          Port

USB PTP Class Camera           usb:002,007

That is, it seems to be a ptp class camera.

However, PTP doesn't seem to work with it:

gphoto2 --summary gives

*** Error ***
PTP I/O Error

*** Error ***
An error occurred in the io-library ('I/O problem'): The supplied vendor
or product id (0x0,0x0) is not valid.
*** Error (-7: 'I/O problem') ***

For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
developer mailing list <[hidden email]>, please run
gphoto2 as follows:

    env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --summary

Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

(end of output)

gphoto2 --list-all-config gives the same error message as gphoto2
--summary, as does gphoto2 --capture-image

Thanks
Graham White

Re: Leica SL (Type 601)

Marcus Meissner-4
On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 05:05:39PM +0000, Graham White wrote:

> I have a Leica SL (otherwise known as the Type 601). It does not work
> with gphoto2: here is the data that you ask for
>
> lsusb gives
> Bus 002 Device 007: ID 1a98:2041 Leica Camera AG
>
> gphoto2 --auto-detect gives
> Model                          Port

> USB PTP Class Camera           usb:002,007
>
> That is, it seems to be a ptp class camera.
>
> However, PTP doesn't seem to work with it:
>
> gphoto2 --summary gives
>

> *** Error ***
> PTP I/O Error
>
> *** Error ***
> An error occurred in the io-library ('I/O problem'): The supplied vendor
> or product id (0x0,0x0) is not valid.
> *** Error (-7: 'I/O problem') ***
>
> For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
> Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
> If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
> developer mailing list <[hidden email]>, please run
> gphoto2 as follows:
>
>     env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --summary
>
> Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.
>
> (end of output)
>
> gphoto2 --list-all-config gives the same error message as gphoto2
> --summary, as does gphoto2 --capture-image

Could you run with --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt  and mail the mentioned debug output?

CIao, Marcus

Re: Leica SL (Type 601)

Graham White
Attached.

Graham
On 06/03/16 08:41, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 05:05:39PM +0000, Graham White wrote:
>> I have a Leica SL (otherwise known as the Type 601). It does not work
>> with gphoto2: here is the data that you ask for
>>
>> lsusb gives
>> Bus 002 Device 007: ID 1a98:2041 Leica Camera AG
>>
>> gphoto2 --auto-detect gives
>> Model                          Port

>> USB PTP Class Camera           usb:002,007
>>
>> That is, it seems to be a ptp class camera.
>>
>> However, PTP doesn't seem to work with it:
>>
>> gphoto2 --summary gives
>>

>> *** Error ***
>> PTP I/O Error
>>
>> *** Error ***
>> An error occurred in the io-library ('I/O problem'): The supplied vendor
>> or product id (0x0,0x0) is not valid.
>> *** Error (-7: 'I/O problem') ***
>>
>> For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
>> Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
>> If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
>> developer mailing list <[hidden email]>, please run
>> gphoto2 as follows:
>>
>>     env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --summary
>>
>> Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.
>>
>> (end of output)
>>
>> gphoto2 --list-all-config gives the same error message as gphoto2
>> --summary, as does gphoto2 --capture-image
>
> Could you run with --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt  and mail the mentioned debug output?
>
> CIao, Marcus

leicaSL.txt (36K) Download Attachment

Re: Leica SL (Type 601)

Marcus Meissner
On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 08:06:28PM +0000, Graham White wrote:
> Attached.

Hi,

I think the gvfs gphoto2 monitor is blocking the camera.
( /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor )

Can you terminate this process and see if that helps?