Quantcast

I/O Problem with Canon EOS 5DS

Karsh Sinha
Hi,

I'm running a python script (on Ubuntu 14.04) that uses gphoto2 to fire 2 Canon EOS 5DS simultaneously and then save the picture on the computer.  It seems to work well for a minute or so, but then I get a error: [-7] I/O problem from both cameras when issues the capture command (gp.check_result(gp.gp_camera_capture(self.camera, gp.GP_CAPTURE_IMAGE, self.context))).  Has anyone else also encountered I/O problems with EOS 5DS?  Fyi, I'm using 2 USB 3.0 micro cable plugged into a usb 3.0 powered hub.

Thanks!

- Karsh
--
Utkarsh Sinha
Robotics Engineer, Fellow Robots

fellowrobots.com

Note: Privileged/Confidential information is contained in this message and may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the individual named is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify the sender immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the e-mail from any computer. If you or your employer does not consent to internet e-mail messages of this kind, please notify the sender immediately. As our company and sender cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use. The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this electronic mail are not given or endorsed by the company unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.