Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3

pprovaz
Hello,
tried to connect this Fuji 3d camera to my linux machine.

when I execute  gphoto2 --abilities
Abilities for camera             : USB PTP Class Camera
Serial port support              : no
USB support                      : yes
Capture choices                  :
                                 : Image
                                 : Preview
Configuration support            : yes
Delete selected files on camera  : yes
Delete all files on camera       : no
File preview (thumbnail) support : yes
File upload support              : yes

So I see there are "capture choices" of image and preview...

but when I do a gphoto2 --summary
I see
Device Capabilities:
        File Download, File Deletion, File Upload
        No Image Capture, No Open Capture, No vendor specific capture

Can you please clarify, what means that
Capture choices                  :
                                 : Image
                                 : Preview
?

(using latest versions of lib and gphoto2)

Question 2:
-----------

Tried to use my old Olympus E450
I saw here
http://gphoto-software.10949.n7.nabble.com/Olympus-E-520-problems-td14807.html
there were some "dances" with PTP2_FAST_TIMEOUT
I see in the latest library it is already corrected to 150 ms. I've even tried to raise it 5 times and recompile the lib, but my Olympus still hangs up after 4x or 5x --capture-image-and-download. It seems to me it happens right before downloading the image data.

In the link above I saw that E-520 had the same problem (not sure if it is fixed now when capturing through gphoto2). So it seems the Olympus driver has still some bugs.

Do you have any more ideas how to fix that?
------------
Czech Republic

Re: Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 02:02:35PM -0700, pprovaz wrote:

> Hello,
> tried to connect this Fuji 3d camera to my linux machine.
>
> when I execute  gphoto2 --abilities
> Abilities for camera             : USB PTP Class Camera
> Serial port support              : no
> USB support                      : yes
> Capture choices                  :
>                                  : Image
>                                  : Preview
> Configuration support            : yes
> Delete selected files on camera  : yes
> Delete all files on camera       : no
> File preview (thumbnail) support : yes
> File upload support              : yes
>
> So I see there are "capture choices" of image and preview...
>
> but when I do a gphoto2 --summary
> I see
> Device Capabilities:
>         File Download, File Deletion, File Upload
>         No Image Capture, No Open Capture, No vendor specific capture
>
> Can you please clarify, what means that
> Capture choices                  :
>                                  : Image
>                                  : Preview
> ?
>
> (using latest versions of lib and gphoto2)

What USB ID does the camer have so we can add it to our list?

"--abilities" uses only the static abilities in the source code,
and the generic PTP camera reports all abilities.

What "--summary" reports is what the cameras actually reports over the wire.

Can you report the standard info:

http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

Record the output of lsusb to get the USB ids.
Record the output of gphoto2 --auto-detect to see if it is detected in a generic way, or by another name. If it is detected already, run the steps below:
Record the output of LANG=C gphoto2 --summary >summary.txt to get generic summary information into the summary.txt file.
Record the output of LANG=C gphoto2 --list-all-config >config.txt to get the configuration tree into the config.txt file.
Record the output of gphoto2 --capture-image to see if capture works already.

> Question 2:
> -----------
>
> Tried to use my old Olympus E450
> I saw here
> http://gphoto-software.10949.n7.nabble.com/Olympus-E-520-problems-td14807.html
> there were some "dances" with PTP2_FAST_TIMEOUT
> I see in the latest library it is already corrected to 150 ms. I've even
> tried to raise it 5 times and recompile the lib, but my Olympus still hangs
> up after 4x or 5x --capture-image-and-download. It seems to me it happens
> right before downloading the image data.
>
> In the link above I saw that E-520 had the same problem (not sure if it is
> fixed now when capturing through gphoto2). So it seems the Olympus driver
> has still some bugs.
>
> Do you have any more ideas how to fix that?

This kind of capture was kind of hacky to implement and I also saw stability issues,
but was not able to find out the reason :/

I have to dig out my old Olympus E camera at some point to see if I can improve
stability.

Re: Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3

pprovaz
Hello,
regarding Olympus -  if it helps you somehow,  I could send you logs of both successful and unsuccessful capture image and download,  so you can compare when it starts to fail.
Czech Republic