Does gphoto2 support rational values as PTP extended properties?

Does gphoto2 support rational values as PTP extended properties?

xiyang

Dear List,

I am trying to get/set properties of a Theta S, a 360 degree camera. It uses rational value for shutter speed in an extended PTP property.
https://developers.theta360.com/en/docs/v2/usb_reference/property/shutter_speed.html
http://www.cipa.jp/std/documents/e/DC-008-2012_E.pdf
When I use gphoto2 --summary to display camera properties, this field is recognised as
"Property 0xd00f:(readwrite) (type=0x8) Enumeration [Unknown 8] value: Unknown 8"

Is there a way to get and set this extended PTP property? Thank you

Xiaoming

Foster + Partners Limited | Registered in England and Wales | CRN + 01644989

Re: Does gphoto2 support rational values as PTP extended properties?

Marcus Meissner
On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:46:26AM +0000, Xiaoming Yang wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I am trying to get/set properties of a Theta S, a 360 degree camera. It uses rational value for shutter speed in an extended PTP property.
> https://developers.theta360.com/en/docs/v2/usb_reference/property/shutter_speed.html <https://developers.theta360.com/en/docs/v2/usb_reference/property/shutter_speed.html>
> http://www.cipa.jp/std/documents/e/DC-008-2012_E.pdf
> When I use gphoto2 --summary to display camera properties, this field is recognised as
> "Property 0xd00f:(readwrite) (type=0x8) Enumeration [Unknown 8] value: Unknown 8"
>
> Is there a way to get and set this extended PTP property? Thank you

libgphoto2 2.5.10 has a decoder for this property, you can get and set shutterspeed
on the Theta with it.

Re: Does gphoto2 support rational values as PTP extended properties?

xiyang
Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the reply. I just installed libgphoto2 2.5.10 and gphoto2 2.5.10.  When I run gphoto2 --get-config d00f. The results looks like:
Choice:0:1
Choice:1:1
Choice:54 60

It seems that it could only display the numerator. I also have problem to set the value.

I tried set-config-value and set-config-index as well. I got error:
****Error****
The property 'PTP Property 0xd00f' /0xd00f was not set(0x210c: PTP Invalid Device Prop Vlaue)

Could you suggest how to set rational value here? Thank you.

Xiaoming

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:46:26AM +0000, Xiaoming Yang wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am trying to get/set properties of a Theta S, a 360 degree camera. It uses rational value for shutter speed in an extended PTP property.
> https://developers.theta360.com/en/docs/v2/usb_reference/property/shut
> ter_speed.html
> <https://developers.theta360.com/en/docs/v2/usb_reference/property/shu
> tter_speed.html> http://www.cipa.jp/std/documents/e/DC-008-2012_E.pdf
> When I use gphoto2 --summary to display camera properties, this field
> is recognised as "Property 0xd00f:(readwrite) (type=0x8) Enumeration [Unknown 8] value: Unknown 8"
>
> Is there a way to get and set this extended PTP property? Thank you

libgphoto2 2.5.10 has a decoder for this property, you can get and set shutterspeed on the Theta with it.

Ciao, Marcus

Foster + Partners Limited | Registered in England and Wales | CRN 01644989

Re: Does gphoto2 support rational values as PTP extended properties?

There should now be a variable "shutterspeed".

Is
        gphoto2 --get-config shutterspeed
working?

Ciao, Marcus

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 02:00:59PM +0000, Xiaoming Yang wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Thank you for the reply. I just installed libgphoto2 2.5.10 and gphoto2 2.5.10.  When I run gphoto2 --get-config d00f. The results looks like:
> Choice:0:1
> Choice:1:1
> Choice:54 60
>
> It seems that it could only display the numerator. I also have problem to set the value.
>
> I tried set-config-value and set-config-index as well. I got error:
> ****Error****
> The property 'PTP Property 0xd00f' /0xd00f was not set(0x210c: PTP Invalid Device Prop Vlaue)
>
> Could you suggest how to set rational value here? Thank you.
>
> Xiaoming

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>

Re: Does gphoto2 support rational values as PTP extended properties?

xiyang
HI Marcus,

I tried gphoto2 --get-config shutterspeed but gphoto cannot find property "shutterSpeed" and in --list-config there is no "shutterSpeed", it is still /main/other/d00f
With -v
I got:
Gphoto2 2.5.10 gcc,popt(m),exif,no cdk,no aa,no jpeg,no readline
Libgphoto 2.5.10 all camlibs, gcc, ltdl,exif
Libgphoto2_port 2.5.10 0.12.0 gcc,ltdl,usb,serial without locking

I am working on raspberry pi, does this make a different?

Xiaoming

There should now be a variable "shutterspeed".

Is
        gphoto2 --get-config shutterspeed
working?

Ciao, Marcus

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 02:00:59PM +0000, Xiaoming Yang wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Thank you for the reply. I just installed libgphoto2 2.5.10 and gphoto2 2.5.10.  When I run gphoto2 --get-config d00f. The results looks like:
> Choice:0:1
> Choice:1:1
> Choice:54 60
>
> It seems that it could only display the numerator. I also have problem to set the value.
>
> I tried set-config-value and set-config-index as well. I got error:
> ****Error****
> The property 'PTP Property 0xd00f' /0xd00f was not set(0x210c: PTP
> Invalid Device Prop Vlaue)
>
> Could you suggest how to set rational value here? Thank you.
>
> Xiaoming

Just more update to find the problem. I am using Theta S and the supported model in camlibs/ptp2/library.c is Theta m15.
They share the same API so I just changed the device ID from 0x365 to 0x366, vendor id is the same.
I tried this codification but gphoto2 still cannot recognise shutter speed. What else I could do to make Theta S recognised?

Xiaoming