Quantcast

Delay during initialization

Marc
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Delay during initialization

Vincent Vande Vyvre
Le 18/07/2016 06:20, Marc Stanley a écrit :
Hello,

Could use some help on this - can't seem to find a solution anywhere on the web.  I've built a cygwin environment on windows 10 and gphoto2 is working for the most part. The issue I'm having is that it takes roughly 24 seconds every time I issue a call to gphoto2 and it stalls at the same point each time. The beginning of the log output follows - I included all of the beginning entries and a few after that 24-second point.  Never encountered this when I used to run it in Ubuntu - it always fired off right away and didn't have any delays.  Any insight on what is happening would be really appreciated!

Thanks, Marc.

PS - C drive on this machine is a solid-state drive where Windows resides. D drive is a standard hard disk.

Hi,

Maybe this is due to the number of picture into your camera.

See:
https://sourceforge.net/p/gphoto/mailman/message/35118037/

Vincent

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 09:20:38PM -0700, Marc Stanley wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could use some help on this - can't seem to find a solution anywhere on the
> web.  I've built a cygwin environment on windows 10 and gphoto2 is working
> for the most part. The issue I'm having is that it takes roughly 24 seconds
> every time I issue a call to gphoto2 and it stalls at the same point each
> time. The beginning of the log output follows - I included all of the
> beginning entries and a few after that 24-second point.  Never encountered
> this when I used to run it in Ubuntu - it always fired off right away and
> didn't have any delays.  Any insight on what is happening would be really
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks, Marc.
>
> PS - C drive on this machine is a solid-state drive where Windows resides. D
> drive is a standard hard disk.
>

> 0.018533 gp_port_library_list        (2): found fstab fsname C:/cygwin64/lib
> 0.018682 gp_port_library_list        (2): found fstab fsname C:/cygwin64
> *24.285631 gp_port_library_list        (2): found fstab fsname C:*
> 24.285926 gp_port_library_list        (2): found fstab fsname D:

There is the jump in 24 seconds, while detecting C:

Not sure what it does in those 24 seconds, perhaps it reads the entire disk?

libgphoto2 basicaly only looks if there is a /DCIM/ folder in the root directory,
which should not take that long.