DSC-RX100M5

田上 寛岳
Hi

I have Sony Digital Camera that DSC-RX100M5.
I got information on the HP of gphoto2 and I will send that information.

<lsusb>

# lsusb

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 054c:07a3 Sony Corp.

<gphoto2 --auto-detect>

# gphoto2 --auto-detect

Model                          Port

USB PTP Class Camera           usb:001,004

<LANG=C gphoto2 --summary>

 summary.txt

<LANG=C gphoto2 --list-all-config>

 config.txt

Sometime Linux Kernel Panic happened when exec gphoto2 command with --capture-image, --list-all-config.
So I can't take capture by gphoto2 --capture-image.

regards.

config.txt (18K) Download Attachment
summary.txt (4K) Download Attachment

Re: DSC-RX100M5

> Sometime Linux Kernel Panic happened when exec gphoto2 command with --capture-image, --list-all-config.
> So I can't take capture by gphoto2 --capture-image.

Kernel panic? The kernel should definitely not panic on these commands.

What Kernel version is in use?

Do you have debug output or a backtrace of this panic?

Ciao, marcus

Re: DSC-RX100M5

田上 寛岳

Thank you for reply.

What Kernel version is in use?

Kernel version is "4.9.12-200.fc25.x86_64".
I'm using Linux under VirtualBox, and VirtualBox version is 5.1.18.
Gphoto2 version is below.
$ LANG=C gphoto2 --version
gphoto2 2.5.11

Copyright (c) 2000-2016 Lutz Mueller and others

gphoto2 comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may
redistribute copies of gphoto2 under the terms of the GNU General Public
License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

This version of gphoto2 is using the following software versions and options:
gphoto2 2.5.11 gcc, popt(m), exif, no cdk, no aa, jpeg, readline
libgphoto2 2.5.12 all camlibs, gcc, ltdl, EXIF
libgphoto2_port 0.12.0 gcc, ltdl, USB, serial lockdev locking

Do you have debug output or a backtrace of this panic?
Sorry I don't have either debug information.

Kernel Panic occurs every time, if I exec it in order of "gphoto2 --summary", "gphoto2 --list-all-config".
If you have the need information, I can get it if you tell me how to get it.

The attached file is the beginning of the console message when Kernel Panic occurs.

I'm using gphoto2 with other camera(Nikon AW130) at same Linux, and I can take capture.

Best Regards.

Cap01.PNG

Hi,

Sometime Linux Kernel Panic happened when exec gphoto2 command with --capture-image, --list-all-config.
So I can't take capture by gphoto2 --capture-image.

Kernel panic? The kernel should definitely not panic on these commands.

What Kernel version is in use?

Do you have debug output or a backtrace of this panic?

Ciao, marcus

Re: DSC-RX100M5

This is really weird and should not happen.

Can you also capture the rest and lower half of the backtrace?

(This is unlikely gphoto2 fault, as no userspace application should be able to crash the kernel.)

Ciao, Marcus