Quantcast

D800 Tethering- progressbar keeps loading forever

Max

D800 Tethering- progressbar keeps loading forever

Max
Hi, I just signed up to this list and wanted to post exactly the same
issue with the Nikon800 when I discovered this thread.

I tried USB2 and USB3 ports and usb2 and usb3 cables, no difference for
me. I have no problems with the USB connection otherwise.

It was mentioned to update gphoto2, but in the process of running the
update script I seemingly removed gphoto2

https://github.com/gonzalo/gphoto2-updater/issues/44

Max

Re: D800 Tethering- progressbar keeps loading forever

Max
I tried the current release and the development version, but with both
there is no image.

With the D800 connected, i run
gphoto2 --trigger-capture --keep
that results in the shutter being activated, but then the display shows
"PC" and the "progress bar" indefinetly.
When I unplug the camera there is no picture saved.

The gphoto2 update script is currently broken, but can be fixed like this:
https://github.com/gonzalo/gphoto2-updater/issues/44#issuecomment-239739800

Max

Re: D800 Tethering- progressbar keeps loading forever

Max
I tried more things:
updated the firmware of the camera: no difference.

  gphoto2 --capture-image
  New file is in location /capt0000.jpg on the camera

I can't see this file. When I execute the command again it's the same
filename.

  gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download
  New file is in location /capt0000.jpg on the camera

  File capt0000.jpg exists. Overwrite? [y|n] y
  Saving file as capt0000.jpg
  Deleting file /capt0000.jpg on the camera

Again, where is that file?

On 2016년 08월 17일 02:29, Max wrote:

> I tried the current release and the development version, but with both
> there is no image.
>
> With the D800 connected, i run
> gphoto2 --trigger-capture --keep
> that results in the shutter being activated, but then the display shows
> "PC" and the "progress bar" indefinetly.
> When I unplug the camera there is no picture saved.
>

> The gphoto2 update script is currently broken, but can be fixed like this:
> https://github.com/gonzalo/gphoto2-updater/issues/44#issuecomment-239739800
>

> On 2016년 08월 15일 14:28, Max wrote:
>> Hi, I just signed up to this list and wanted to post exactly the same
>> issue with the Nikon800 when I discovered this thread.
>>
>> I tried USB2 and USB3 ports and usb2 and usb3 cables, no difference for
>> me. I have no problems with the USB connection otherwise.

Re: D800 Tethering- progressbar keeps loading forever

Marcus Meissner
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:09:44AM +0900, Max wrote:

> I tried more things:
> updated the firmware of the camera: no difference.
>
>   gphoto2 --capture-image
>   New file is in location /capt0000.jpg on the camera
>
> I can't see this file. When I execute the command again it's the same
> filename.
>
>   gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download
>   New file is in location /capt0000.jpg on the camera
>
>   File capt0000.jpg exists. Overwrite? [y|n] y
>   Saving file as capt0000.jpg
>   Deleting file /capt0000.jpg on the camera
>
> Again, where is that file?

You are seeing SDRAM capture, where the file is immediately downloaded
and stored on the computer.

--capture-image only keeps it in memory,
--capture-image-and-download will save it to the current directory as capt0000.jpg

Ciao, Marcus

> On 2016년 08월 17일 02:29, Max wrote:
> > I tried the current release and the development version, but with both
> > there is no image.
> >
> > With the D800 connected, i run
> > gphoto2 --trigger-capture --keep
> > that results in the shutter being activated, but then the display shows
> > "PC" and the "progress bar" indefinetly.
> > When I unplug the camera there is no picture saved.
> >

> > The gphoto2 update script is currently broken, but can be fixed like this:
> > https://github.com/gonzalo/gphoto2-updater/issues/44#issuecomment-239739800
> >

> > On 2016년 08월 15일 14:28, Max wrote:
> >> Hi, I just signed up to this list and wanted to post exactly the same
> >> issue with the Nikon800 when I discovered this thread.
> >>
> >> I tried USB2 and USB3 ports and usb2 and usb3 cables, no difference for
> >> me. I have no problems with the USB connection otherwise.

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>