'Could not lock the device' only when memory card is in camera

'Could not lock the device' only when memory card is in camera

mpb212
I'm running a Canon from a Raspberry PI using gphoto. All functions seem to work without a memory card in the camera. However the moment I insert a memory card I get the following error:

An error occurred in the io-library ('Could not lock the device'): Camera is already in use.
ERROR: Could not capture image.
ERROR: Could not capture.

Since it is only an issue when there is a memory card in the camera, I don't think it is an issue with the installation.

Note: when there is a memory card inserted the raspberry pi mounts the folders automatically.  I haven't been able to troubleshoot turning this off.

Thanks for any help!

Re: 'Could not lock the device' only when memory card is in camera

Dr. Volker Jaenisch
Hi!

Am 16.02.2017 um 01:11 schrieb mpb212:
> Note: when there is a memory card inserted the raspberry pi mounts the
> folders automatically.  I haven't been able to troubleshoot turning this
> off.

You have to remove the following debian package:

gvfs-backends

This package is responsible for the automounting.

Cheers,

Volker

   inqbus Scientific Computing    Dr.  Volker Jaenisch
   Richard-Strauss-Stra├če 1       +49(08861) 690 474 0
   86956 Schongau-West            http://www.inqbus.de

Re: 'Could not lock the device' only when memory card is in camera

mpb212
Thanks!  That fixed it, however now the capture command takes a picture but will not save it to the SD card.

Re: 'Could not lock the device' only when memory card is in camera

Marcus Meissner
On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:16:59AM -0700, mpb212 wrote:
> Thanks!  That fixed it, however now the capture command takes a picture but
> will not save it to the SD card.

You need to set the capturetarget value to card ;)

gphoto2 --set-config capturetarget=1