Canon EOS M* users

Please test if current GIT master makes your Canon EOS M series
work with capture.

The EOS M3 at least has sufficient capture commands, just the code
in libgphoto2 was "hiding" it from being capture capable.

Re: Canon EOS M* users

Marcus Meissner-4
On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 02:17:15PM +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please test if current GIT master makes your Canon EOS M series
> work with capture.
>
> The EOS M3 at least has sufficient capture commands, just the code
> in libgphoto2 was "hiding" it from being capture capable.

Current git should now work. :)

Re: Canon EOS M* users

kemeny
Hi Marcus,

Just to clarify are you saying that full of control of the EOS M series is possible?

Thanks,

Adam

On 23 Apr 2017, at 19:15, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 02:17:15PM +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
Hi,

Please test if current GIT master makes your Canon EOS M series
work with capture.

The EOS M3 at least has sufficient capture commands, just the code
in libgphoto2 was "hiding" it from being capture capable.

Current git should now work. :)

Re: Canon EOS M* users

On the Canon EOS M10 I can.

- remote capture
- live preview
- change some config variables (imageformat still seems not possible)

I think the same is true for the M3 and M5. The original "EOS M" I have
no positive indication.

Ciao, Marcus
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:35:07PM +0100, Adam Kemeny wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Just to clarify are you saying that full of control of the EOS M series is possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam
>

> > On 23 Apr 2017, at 19:15, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 02:17:15PM +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Please test if current GIT master makes your Canon EOS M series
> >> work with capture.
> >>
> >> The EOS M3 at least has sufficient capture commands, just the code
> >> in libgphoto2 was "hiding" it from being capture capable.
> >
> > Current git should now work. :)
> >
> > Ciao, Marcus

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi. 3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <[hidden email]>

Re: Canon EOS M* users

kemeny
Brilliant news, thank you :)