Canon 50D --capture-movie can`t work

Jimmy.YU
Hello,

CMD is:
gphoto2 --capture-movie=10s

I got this:
Capturing preview frames as movie to 'movie.mjpg' for 10 seconds.
ERROR: Movie capture error... Exiting.
Movie capture finished (0 frames)

I used a very old camera Canon PowerShot G5, this cmd
can be worked very well.

could you help me?

thanks,
Jimmy

Re: Canon 50D --capture-movie can`t work

Marcus Meissner-4
On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 06:31:07PM -0700, Jimmy.YU wrote:

> Hello,
>
> CMD is:
> gphoto2 --capture-movie=10s
>
> I got this:
> Capturing preview frames as movie to 'movie.mjpg' for 10 seconds.
> ERROR: Movie capture error... Exiting.
> Movie capture finished (0 frames)
>
> I used a very old camera Canon PowerShot G5, this cmd
> can be worked very well.
>
> could you help me?

--capture-movie currently would capture preview frames. Weird that it does not
work for this EOS.

Check out http://gphoto.org/doc/remote/ for some remote capturing tips.

e.g.:
Newer Canon EOS DSLRs (around 7D and later) : Switch the camera to movie record mode on the camera. Then run gphoto2 --set-config eosviewfinder=1 --set-config movierecordtarget=Card --wait-event=10s --set-config movierecordtarget=None --wait-event-and-download=2s (in 2.5.6 or later, replace eosviewfinder to viewfinder).

CIao, Marcus