Cannot set configuretarget setting

TropicalDragon
I'm using gphoto2 on a Sony A7 II. I can capture images, but they seemed to be saved in the camera's internal memory and not in the SD Card. I attempted doing:

gphoto2 --set-config capturetarget=1

But I get the following error:

*** Error ***
The capturetarget widget is not configurable.
*** Error (-2: 'Bad parameters') ***

I also tried with card, "Memory Card", but I get the same result. Additionally, typing:

gphoto2 --get-config capturetarget

Only shows:

Label: Camera and Driver Configuration

One thing that does work is:

gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download

This is the result of typing gphoto2 --abilities

Abilities for camera             : USB PTP Class Camera
Serial port support              : no
USB support                      : yes
Capture choices                  :
                                 : Image
                                 : Preview
Configuration support            : yes
Delete selected files on camera  : yes
Delete all files on camera       : no
File preview (thumbnail) support : yes
File upload support              : yes

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cannot set configuretarget setting

Marcus Meissner-4
On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 03:11:33PM -0700, TropicalDragon wrote:

> I'm using gphoto2 on a Sony A7 II. I can capture images, but they seemed to
> be saved in the camera's internal memory and not in the SD Card. I attempted
> doing:
>
> /gphoto2 --set-config capturetarget=1/
>
> But I get the following error:
>
> *
> *** Error ***
> The capturetarget widget is not configurable.
> *** Error (-2: 'Bad parameters') ****

The Sony cameras currently only capture to SDRAM and the image needs
to be downloaded immediately.

As far as we know this is a limitation on the camera firmware.

So there is no "capturetarget" setting.