Quantcast

Blocking EOS 1200d (manual focus ?)

roberto56
Hello,
I use a 1200D for capture with a Raspberry Pi , manual focus switched on the lens, both with USB (for downloading pictures) and with remote cable release (cable+optocouplers for triggering the camera) , timelapse every 20 minutes, no pictures in the night . Gphoto2 version is 2.5.10.
Sometimes, the 1200D is blocking , no way to capture a picture , no reaction from the camera. This happens every morning and most of the time, the camera unblock after one or two hours . But sometimes , It happens also in the day (but only one or two pictures lost).
This problem happens with a 1200D but with a 1100D , it was ok.
When the triggering by cable fail , trying to capture a picture with --capture-image-and-download also fail.
The only way that I have found to unblock the camera is to switch power off manually and switch it back on manually.

I tried to use autofocusdrive=0 and cancelautofocus=1 , thinking the autofocus could be the problem.
I have tried this :
sudo gphoto2 --set-config autofocusdrive=0 --set-config cancelautofocus=1
But when I verify cancelautofocus : sudo gphoto2 --get-config cancelautofocus
Result is :
Label: Cancel Canon DSLR Autofocus
Type: TOGGLE
Current: 0
So I guess I don't use the good commands, or I don't made the good things ...
How to set cancelautofocus ?

I don't know if my problem really comes from manual focus , could it be another thing ?

Your help would be welcome because I work on this problem since more than a week without finding any solution.
Roberto.

Re: Blocking EOS 1200d (manual focus ?)

Marcus Meissner-4
On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 06:48:03AM -0700, roberto56 wrote:

> Hello,
> I use a 1200D for capture with a Raspberry Pi , manual focus switched on the
> lens, both with USB (for downloading pictures) and with remote cable release
> (cable+optocouplers for triggering the camera) , timelapse every 20 minutes,
> no pictures in the night . Gphoto2 version is 2.5.10.
> Sometimes, the 1200D is blocking , no way to capture a picture , no reaction
> from the camera. This happens every morning and most of the time, the camera
> unblock after one or two hours . But sometimes , It happens also in the day
> (but only one or two pictures lost).
> This problem happens with a 1200D but with a 1100D , it was ok.
> When the triggering by cable fail , trying to capture a picture with
> --capture-image-and-download also fail.
> The only way that I have found to unblock the camera is to switch power off
> manually and switch it back on manually.
>
> I tried to use autofocusdrive=0 and cancelautofocus=1 , thinking the
> autofocus could be the problem.
> I have tried this :
> sudo gphoto2 --set-config autofocusdrive=0 --set-config cancelautofocus=1
> But when I verify cancelautofocus : sudo gphoto2 --get-config
> cancelautofocus
> Result is :
> Label: Cancel Canon DSLR Autofocus
> Type: TOGGLE
> Current: 0
> So I guess I don't use the good commands, or I don't made the good things
> How to set cancelautofocus ?
>
> I don't know if my problem really comes from manual focus , could it be
> another thing ?
>
> Your help would be welcome because I work on this problem since more than a
> week without finding any solution.
> Roberto.

No,

likely not. If you are using 2.5.10, please upgrade libgphoto2 to 2.5.12 as
it contains fixes for the EOS 1200D and see if that works better.