AppImage & libgphoto2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

AppImage & libgphoto2

Damon Lynch
Has anyone successfully used AppImage to package an application that uses libgphoto2?

In testing an an AppImage [1][2]  I'm seeing some puzzling behaviour where libgphoto2 2.5.14 recognizes an xHCI Host Controller as a camera, and doesn't recognize any actual cameras.

It's no problem to get the gphoto2 debugging output if anyone is interested. Personally I lack the knowledge to diagnose the problem using that debugging output.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gphoto-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gphoto-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AppImage & libgphoto2

Damon Lynch
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Damon Lynch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone successfully used AppImage to package an application that uses libgphoto2?

In testing an an AppImage [1][2]  I'm seeing some puzzling behaviour where libgphoto2 2.5.14 recognizes an xHCI Host Controller as a camera, and doesn't recognize any actual cameras.

It's no problem to get the gphoto2 debugging output if anyone is interested. Personally I lack the knowledge to diagnose the problem using that debugging output.


The problem was solved when the development headers for libusb were installed.

Best,
Damon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gphoto-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gphoto-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AppImage & libgphoto2

Marcus Meissner
On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:33:18PM -0500, Damon Lynch wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Damon Lynch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone successfully used AppImage to package an application that uses
> > libgphoto2?
> >
> > In testing an an AppImage [1][2]  I'm seeing some puzzling behaviour where
> > libgphoto2 2.5.14 recognizes an xHCI Host Controller as a camera, and
> > doesn't recognize any actual cameras.
> >
> > It's no problem to get the gphoto2 debugging output if anyone is
> > interested. Personally I lack the knowledge to diagnose the problem using
> > that debugging output.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/aferrero2707/rapid-photo-downloader-appimage
> > [2] https://filebin.net/du3zsx1tcekv4pka
> > --
> > http://www.damonlynch.net
> >
>
>
> The problem was solved when the development headers for libusb were
> installed.

Ah, good to hear. :)

Ciao, Marcus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gphoto-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gphoto-devel
Loading...