Quantcast

Announcement: libgphoto2 and gphoto2 2.5.11 release

Announcement: libgphoto2 and gphoto2 2.5.11 release

Marcus Meissner-4
Hi folks!

After a quite busy year for me I finally am finding a bit of time again, and
I am happy to announce the release of libgphoto2 and gphoto2 2.5.11.

Most interesting changes are capture support for newer Canon EOS and improved
capture support for the Sony Alpha series. Full changes below.

Thanks again to all contributors, patch suppliers, bug reports, translators
and users :)

Please report bugs or problems as usual (via github :)

Ciao, Marcus
--------------------------------------
libgphoto2 2.5.11 release

canon:
* not experimental anymore, for some years
* some bugfixes in configuration handling

ptp2:
* canon: EOS capture improvements, also supporting new EOS
* sony: tethering and trigger capture implemented, capture stability improvements
* sony: exposure compensation setting fixed
* sony: capture and autofocus configurations, similar to eosremoterelease
* generic: fixed serialnumber retrieval
* nikon: "autofocus" config variable for global autofocus enable/disable (default on, default liveview off)
* various bugs fixed, stability improved
* ptpip: allow different event ports. --port ptpip:IP:dataport:eventport
* New ids reported:
  - Sony Alpha 7, DSC-RX100M4, NEX-7, DSC-HX20V, Alpha 6300, A7S II, A7,
  - Nikon DSC Df, D7200, D5, D810A, 1 V3
  - Canon EOS 1Dx Mark 3, 80D, 5D Mark IV
  - Canon Digital IXUS 180
  - various music players / android phones imported from libmtp

libgphoto2:
* Speed up initial startup.
* Win32: store settings in the "User Profile\.gphoto\settings" and not in C:\\Windows anymore.
* gp_widget_changed() no longer clears the "changed" state to make this API more consistent.
  Use gp_widget_set_changed(widget,FALSE) to do so.

examples:
* sample-photobooth: a sample program handling tethering, SIGUSR1 driven capture and SIGUSR2
  based configuration reading.
* sample-afl: code to inject afl fuzzing data

translations:
* updated swedish, ukrainian, polish, finnish, russian, danish, polish, brazilian, serbian, dutch, chinese

gphoto2 2.5.11 release

* some errors result in exit 0, where it should have been an error exit
* some windows bugfixes
* translation updates: icelandic

lee

Re: Announcement: libgphoto2 and gphoto2 2.5.11 release

lee
Hello gphoto team,

I just updated to gphoto2 2.5.11

But sadly the caturing time on my system rises from 2 seconds (v 2.5.10) to 5 seconds (v2.5.11 )

I have tested both calling gphoto directly:
gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download --no-keep --filename myfilename.jpg --force-overwrite

Or calling the capture from the gphoto shell:
capture-image-and-download

My system is:
Mac, OSX 10.10.5
Sony Alpha 7S

Camera Settings
"USB Connection“ : PC Remote
"USB LUN Setting“ :  Single

gphoto2         2.5.11         clang, popt(m), no exif, no cdk, no aa, jpeg, readline
libgphoto2      2.5.11         all camlibs, clang, ltdl, no EXIF
libgphoto2_port 0.12.0         clang, ltdl, USB, serial without locking

Installed and updated  gphoto2 with homebrew

Or how i can switch to version 2.5.10 with brew ?

I tried brew switch gphoto2 2.5.10

if i try to open gphoto i get the following message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/readline/lib/libreadline.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/gphoto2
  Reason: image not found

Perhaps someone has a hint how i can get to my old capture rates.
As I mentioned in my old mails, I am very new to gphoto.
I could be that it is only my stupidity ;-)

Thanks in advance and all the best,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 07:59:07PM +0100, lee wrote:

> Hello gphoto team,
>
> I just updated to gphoto2 2.5.11
>
> But sadly the caturing time on my system rises from 2 seconds (v 2.5.10) to 5 seconds (v2.5.11 )
>
> I have tested both calling gphoto directly:
> gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download --no-keep --filename myfilename.jpg --force-overwrite
>
> Or calling the capture from the gphoto shell:
> capture-image-and-download

Can you capture a debug trace of that?

It was not supposed to change :/

I see you opened a github issue too, lets follow up there.

Can't speak about the other problem with readline.

Ciao, Marcus