Announcement: libgphoto2 and gphoto2 2.5.11 release
After a quite busy year for me I finally am finding a bit of time again, and
I am happy to announce the release of libgphoto2 and gphoto2 2.5.11.
Most interesting changes are capture support for newer Canon EOS and improved
capture support for the Sony Alpha series. Full changes below.
Thanks again to all contributors, patch suppliers, bug reports, translators
and users :)
Please report bugs or problems as usual (via github :)
libgphoto2 2.5.11 release
* not experimental anymore, for some years
* some bugfixes in configuration handling
* canon: EOS capture improvements, also supporting new EOS
* sony: tethering and trigger capture implemented, capture stability improvements
* sony: exposure compensation setting fixed
* sony: capture and autofocus configurations, similar to eosremoterelease
* generic: fixed serialnumber retrieval
* nikon: "autofocus" config variable for global autofocus enable/disable (default on, default liveview off)
* various bugs fixed, stability improved
* ptpip: allow different event ports. --port ptpip:IP:dataport:eventport
* New ids reported:
- Sony Alpha 7, DSC-RX100M4, NEX-7, DSC-HX20V, Alpha 6300, A7S II, A7,
- Nikon DSC Df, D7200, D5, D810A, 1 V3
- Canon EOS 1Dx Mark 3, 80D, 5D Mark IV
- Canon Digital IXUS 180
- various music players / android phones imported from libmtp
* Speed up initial startup.
* Win32: store settings in the "User Profile\.gphoto\settings" and not in C:\\Windows anymore.
* gp_widget_changed() no longer clears the "changed" state to make this API more consistent.
Use gp_widget_set_changed(widget,FALSE) to do so.
* sample-photobooth: a sample program handling tethering, SIGUSR1 driven capture and SIGUSR2
based configuration reading.
* sample-afl: code to inject afl fuzzing data