Additional settings for Canon 5D Mark II

Additional settings for Canon 5D Mark II

Keith
Hi Marcus,

I am successfully using you libgphoto libraries now on my project using livemode capturing 30 fps continuously.

There are a couple of settings that I would like to use that libgphoto does not appear to support. These are setting the contrast and the color temperature values. Contrast is not available at all. I can set white balance to color temperature, but I can not set the color temperature value progammatically to say 5200K.

Can these be added to the libraries? Or does the proprietary nature of Canon's interface make these hard, if not impossible, to implement?

Thanks, Keith

Re: Additional settings for Canon 5D Mark II

Marcus Meissner-4
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 05:36:14PM -0700, Keith Laband wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> I am successfully using you libgphoto libraries now on my project using
> livemode capturing 30 fps continuously.
>
> There are a couple of settings that I would like to use that libgphoto does
> not appear to support. These are setting the contrast and the color
> temperature values. Contrast is not available at all. I can set white
> balance to color temperature, but I can not set the color temperature value
> progammatically to say 5200K.
>
> Can these be added to the libraries? Or does the proprietary nature of
> Canon's interface make these hard, if not impossible, to implement?

Is

        gphoto2 --get-config colortemperature

working for you? It is present in the 1000d and 60d here in my traces.
(0xD10A ptp property)

Contrast I do not know the property id of... what values do you usually
get there?

Re: Additional settings for Canon 5D Mark II

Andreas Steinel-4
Hi Keith,

30fps? How are you achieving this? I can only get to 15 or at most 20 fps using liveview.

Best,
Andreas

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 05:36:14PM -0700, Keith Laband wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> I am successfully using you libgphoto libraries now on my project using
> livemode capturing 30 fps continuously.
>
> There are a couple of settings that I would like to use that libgphoto does
> not appear to support. These are setting the contrast and the color
> temperature values. Contrast is not available at all. I can set white
> balance to color temperature, but I can not set the color temperature value
> progammatically to say 5200K.
>
> Can these be added to the libraries? Or does the proprietary nature of
> Canon's interface make these hard, if not impossible, to implement?

Is

        gphoto2 --get-config colortemperature

working for you? It is present in the 1000d and 60d here in my traces.
(0xD10A ptp property)

Contrast I do not know the property id of... what values do you usually
get there?

Re: Additional settings for Canon 5D Mark II

Keith
Hi Andreas,

We had the same issue as you when we started. We managed to get 30 fps by removing all the debug information and setting some optimizations in libgphoto2 (currently using version 2.5.1). I am currently working under Monta Vista Linux, so I am using bitbake files to build the libraries, but I can tell you we set some compile flags in the following way.

CFLAGS += "-g0 -O2"
CXXFLAGS += "-g0 -O2"
CPPFLAGS += "-DDISABLE_DEBUGGING"

We did some initial testing under Ubuntu and achieved 30 fps for 18,000 frames with 0 frame loss. I hope this is enough to get you started. If you still need help, I can see if I can dig up our old build files under Ubuntu for you.

Best regards,
Keith

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Andreas Steinel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Keith,

30fps? How are you achieving this? I can only get to 15 or at most 20 fps using liveview.

Best,
Andreas

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Marcus Meissner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 05:36:14PM -0700, Keith Laband wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> I am successfully using you libgphoto libraries now on my project using
> livemode capturing 30 fps continuously.
>
> There are a couple of settings that I would like to use that libgphoto does
> not appear to support. These are setting the contrast and the color
> temperature values. Contrast is not available at all. I can set white
> balance to color temperature, but I can not set the color temperature value
> progammatically to say 5200K.
>
> Can these be added to the libraries? Or does the proprietary nature of
> Canon's interface make these hard, if not impossible, to implement?

Is

        gphoto2 --get-config colortemperature

working for you? It is present in the 1000d and 60d here in my traces.
(0xD10A ptp property)

Contrast I do not know the property id of... what values do you usually
get there?

Re: Additional settings for Canon 5D Mark II

Andreas Steinel-4
Thank you, I'll try to use also compiler optimizations to test it on MacOS.